Monday 8 September 2008

Introducing.... Honda Civic 2.0s - Nighthawk Black



After more than 2 months of waiting, we finally got our new car! It's something I can finally be proud of driving. Don't get me wrong, my trusty 'ol Wira's contributions in the past have been immense. But now, for once I'm not envious of other drivers on the road. It's a really FAST car, which is evident even in the current running-in period when I try not to exceed 3000 revs. Getting behind the wheel, with its two-tiered dashboard and the LCD speedometer feels like you're in the cockpit of a jet fighter. And I just love changing through the gears with the paddle-shifts located behing the steering wheel - ala Formula 1. An additional extra is the "Aux in" jack, which means I can listen to stuff on my iPhone without headphones (don't get me started on those FM radio iPod transmitters - they SUCK). The only problem so far is that you can NOT see the front of the chasis from inside the car - means that I have be extra careful when manouvering through tight spaces and even when parking the car. Getting used to it now, but may still opt to install front bumper sensors, just to make sure.

I'm also a fully-fledged member of the 8th-Gen Civic Club of Malaysia, and with the help of my new brethren, our Civic would be slowly but surely transformed into something special. Watch this space!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Mana spoiler?

Ozzy said...

Coming soon.. REAL soon!

silent reverie said...

eh hubby i pun a member of that gen-civic club. and... he was also obssessed with the car when he first got it. did u know, that they organize social meetings with the members to admire each other's cars?

-ninie marlini-

Ozzy said...

is he? cool! what's his nick in the forum? anyway.. ive been to one meeting.. we dont just admire our cars.. :P we discuss and recommend tips to each other on modding our cars and other related stuff

silent reverie said...

i'm not sure of his nick.
but whatever it is, i'm forbidden to drive his car if he's not in the car with me...hehe. coz the last time i drove without him, i un-knowingly drove the car up the kerb. hehe.