Friday 1 August 2008

PC Fair

Went to the PC Fair today, first time in a couple of years in fact. Needed to get me some proper speakers for the iMac, as everyone knows that the built-in ones just dont cut it. So after Friday prayers at the KLCC mosque, straight I went to the Convention Centre, thinking going then would be the best time with the less crowd, and should be a half hour, MAX one hour trip. Oh, how WRONG was I.
  • Punters were treated like MICE, we could only go in through the main entrance and were guided through all the exhibition halls using a combination of barriers and OVERZEALOUS "jaga"s.
  • To make things worse, nowadays the PC Fair takes up a whole TWO floors from one end of the convention centre to another.
  • There were just too MANY promoters, at least on this first day, seemed that there were more promoters than visitors. Saying that, I have NO PROBLEMS AT ALL with the skimpily dressed doll-faced promoters (well most of them anyway) who are happy to pose for any old FART with a massive dSLR.
  • Speaking of which, I just DESPISE all these promoters who stick leaflets into your face asking if you have broadband. In the past, it only used to be Streamyx, but now we have to face wave after wave of ATTACKS from Maxis Broadband, Celcom Broadband, etc etc etc. And then there are the mobile phone companies promoting their postpaid plans and banks asking us to SELL OUR SOULS by signing for a credit card for a stupid free bag/cap/umbrella. They should sell signs for people to put round their necks saying "I HAVE STREAMYX!!!", or "I'VE GOT A MOBILE PHONE NUMBER ALREADY, HOW MANY FREAKIN' NUMBERS DOES ONE NEED?!?!?!". Maybe that would stop getting bugged by these PESTS.
So did I get the speakers then? Yup, bagged myself a set of Edifiers. As you can see, the satellite speakers are not too big and go well with my iMac, yet give a more than decent performance. The subwoofer - not seen in the photo as it's on the floor - though not massive, still manages to RUMBLE MY INSIDES so much that makes me want to use the toilet! Not bad for a set that costs less than RM120, eh?

No comments: